The Magdeburg barracks - former army barracks were used as a seat of Jewish self-goverment during the WWII.
Today it is used as a museum with extensive exhibitions about cultural activities of involuntary inhabitants of the ghetto and it follows up the exhibitons of the Ghetto museum.
- Replica of a prison dormitory from the ghetto period - example of common accomodation
- Music in the Terezín ghetto - the importance of music for the life of the prisoners and the main personalities of the musical events in the ghetto, period posters
- Art in the Terezín ghetto - the works of the famous artists in the ghetto as well as works of a number of the other lesser-known artists
- Literary works in the Terezín ghetto - example of works of adults, youth and children
- Theatre in the Terezín ghetto - period posters for performances, replica of the theatre and costumes
- Truth and Lies. Filming in the Terezín ghetto 1942 – 1945 - the exhibition about shooting of propaganda films in the Terezín ghetto (yard of the barracks)
Another offers for visitors:
- book and souvenir shop
- refreshment - drink mashine
- without barriers
More details to the object you can find in Historical overview
Opening hours: daily, summer time - 9am - 6pm / winter time - 9am - 5:30pm
Address: Tyršova 204, Terezín, GPS 50.508659, 14.151866
Duration: approx. 45 min