18/10/20 @ 10:00, 0 National Cemetery at the Small Fortress
A memorial event on the ocassion of the 75th anniversary of liberation to commemorate the victims of Nazi persecution.
Due to the coronavirus crisis, the commemorative event could not take place by the original date of 17 May 2020.
Programme of the Terezín Commemoration Ceremony - draft:
- Honour unit of the Castle guard & musicians enter the National Cemetery
- Laying of wreaths and bouquets at the National Cemetery
- Anthem of the Czech Republic
- Guest welcome message and Ceremony opening - Jan Roubínek, Director of the Terezín Memorial
- Main speech - Pavel Rychetský, President of the Constitutional Court
- Words of witness
- Christian prayer
- Jewish prayer
- Commemoration Ceremony closing - Jan Roubínek, Director of the Terezín Memorial
- Flag escorted; Honour guard departs
During the time of the Terezin Commemoration Ceremony (till 12 P.M.) the Small Fortress will be closed to the public!
- Organizer: Terezín Memorial
- Co-organizers: Ústí Region, Federation of Jewish Communities in the Czech Republic, City of Terezín, Terezín Initiative
All day admission is not charged in any building of the Terezín Memorial Memorial